It’s finally here! The long awaited successor to the much loved Canon 7D has been official launched.
The camera features a dust-proof magnesium alloy construction on the outside, and a 20.2 megapixel CMOS sensor on the inside with ISO of up to 16,000. We also see a dual-pixel CMOS autofocus system that packs 65 autofocus points (all of them cross-type). There is a new 150K RGB+IR pixel sensor for metering.
Dual DIGIC6 image processors will power the camera, and continuous shooting speed will be 10 frames per second. Other features include Full HD 60p video recording, built-in GPS, an interval timer, and a bulb timer.
The 7D markII body only will cost £1599 body only and is available from November 2014.
Here are the main features:
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and ISO 100–16000 (expandable to H1: 25600, H2: 51200) for reduced noise at high
- ISOs and high performance Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors for outstanding image quality and processing speed.
- High speed continuous shooting up to 10.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
- 65-point* all cross-type AF system for high-performance, accurate subject tracking with EV -3 sensitivity (center point) for focusing in extreme low-light conditions.
- Canon’s innovative Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables you to shoot video like a camcorder with smooth, fast, and accurate autofocus and lets you enjoy instant and precise autofocus even when shooting stills.
- Stunning Full HD video with Custom Movie Servo AF (speed and sensitivity) for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, multiple frame rates including Full HD recording at 60p in MOV and MP4 formats and uncompressed HDMI out.
- Intelligent Viewfinder II provides approximately 100% field of view for shooting ease.
- Improved custom controls and built-in intervalometer and bulb timer for expanded creativity.
- Magnesium alloy body with shutter durability up to 200,000 cycles and enhanced dust and weather resistance.
- EOS Scene Detection System features a new 150,000-pixel/RGB+IR metering sensor for improved precision.
- Built-in GPS** Receiver provides a digital compass, records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- 3.0-inch Clear View II LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots) for bright and clear viewing.