Today Tamron have released an exciting new lens, the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 VC USD
Capture the power and beauty of wild animals, birds, travel destinations, and exciting sports action close-ups with this high-performance 150-600mm long-range zoom. VC (Vibration Compensation) and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) enable you to shoot crisp images of fast-moving, distant subjects handheld, while proprietary Tamron optical technology, including eBAND Coating, works to suppress flare and ghosting for impressively clear and vibrant images.
This lens feels really nice to handle, and is a step up in quality over Tamron’s previous lenses. Some quick test shots we took this morning using a Canon 5Dmk3 show the lens to be very sharp, quick to focus and the image stabliser works very well allowing us to easily shoot at 600mm handheld.
This lens is IN STOCK NOW in Canon fit and at just £1149 is priced very competitively given the incredible range and image quality it offers. If you are into wildlife or aviation photography this lens is simply perfect.
Features / Tech Spec:
- Filter Size: Φ95mm
- Length (from camera mount): 257.8mm, Diameter: 105.6mm
- Weight: 1951g
- VC gives 4-stop handling advantage (sharp images up to 4 shutter speeds lower)
- Full time manual focus override allows fine adjustments in AF mode
- Maximum aperture: F/5, Minimum aperture F/40
- Diaphragm: 9 rounded blades
- Lens Construction: 20 elements in 13 groups (with XLD and LD elements)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.7m, Max. Magnification Ratio 1:5 (at f=200mm: MFD 1.3m)
- Standard Accessory: Petal-shaped lens hood